Thursday, September 20, 2012

Organizing can save you time and $

I recently reorganized our laundry room at our house. Previously I had beautiful linen baskets that looked very pretty however they were very deep and you couldn't see what was in them making it extremely hard to determine what was in there. Even though organizing is what I do in I have made the mistake to let beauty take over for function.

We are limited in space at our house and need a place to store the many cleaning supplies, dog stuff, beauty supplies you name it.  The first step was to take everything out and sort what we had. Interestingly enough we had duplicates of the same product; probably because I had no idea we already had an item, thanks to our deep, lovely baskets.

The next step was finding something that was useful, i.e. it held our stuff and I could see what we have, but also nice looking because I'll admit it--beauty is important!

I found some great blue and green ones at Dollar Tree! Once all like products were grouped together I put them in their own baskets. Final touch was finding some great clips and adding handwritten tags for a quick glance of baskets contents.

I was able to refresh our laundry room as a useful, efficient space that will save me time and money and that is also nice to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment